The Library Media Center (LMC) is the leader in the creation and delivery of information and information resources, promoting information literacy, providing lifelong learning experiences and access to information for the college and its community.
Encompassing the mission and goal statement of the libraries and media centers of the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) the LMC has established as its mission "...to make available to students, faculty, staff and community patrons resources and services that support and enrich the curricula and contribute to the intellectual and cultural development of the college community."
Values and Beliefs
The LMC faculty and staff recognize the importance of library and media services to teaching and learning and believe that:
- The LMC is an integral part of Glendale Community College and operates within its organizational structure.
- The LMC is a comprehensive learning resources center which maintains a collection of print, non-print, multimedia and electronic resources supporting the needs of students, faculty, staff and the community-at-large.
- The LMC uses technology to effectively and efficiently provide its services.
- The LMC is a dynamic organization and is constantly changing. therefore, the assessment of information resources, technologies, and organization is a continuous process.
- The LMC is a part of a new information infrastructure which requires partnership with and support from the college computer center and other information providers, such as public and private libraries, information centers, and social service agencies to achieve its goals.
- The LMC supports information literacy and the enhancement of student research skills
- The LMC satisfies the information needs of learners by providing the highest quality of service and considers this to be its benchmark for measuring its effectiveness.
- The LMC makes available a friendly, comfortable, and safe environment for patrons.
MCCCD Vision, Mission, and Values Statements