- Unattended backpacks (and/or other belongings) are not to be used to reserve conference rooms, computer workstations, or other study spaces.
- Library staff finding unattended backpacks or unattended items in conference rooms and study areas will notify the Access Services department. Access Services staff will contact College Safety personnel and direct them to the location of the items for removal.
- Library staff will not remove unattended backpacks, etc. from conference rooms, computer workstations, or other areas. Only College Safety personnel will remove items.
- When the items are removed, a notice, similar to the one following, will be left in the place of the backpack, etc. to advise the student that it was removed and can be retrieved from College Safety.
"The Library Media Center is not responsible for the security of personal items left unattended in the building. Your backpack and/or other belongings were removed from this room/area by College Safety. You can retrieve these items at the security counter in the Student Union. Unattended backpacks, books or other belongings cannot be used to reserve a room, workstation, or other study areas in the library."
- Other students may use the room at their own discretion.