FAQ Categories: Finding Materials
Yes. The MCCCD libraries have a subscription to eBrary, a collection of thousands of books in electronic format, netLibrary, a smaller collection of titles, and several other e-book databases (most of which are specialized collections of reference books).
You can locate them by:
- searching in the catalog ('books and video' link on the library homepage) as usual - eBrary books will be included in your results;
- selecting 'Electronic Books' from the drop-down menu under the search box when searching the library catalog;
- using the advanced search screen (available from the library catalog page);
- selecting an eBook collection from the articles and databases page; or,
- selecting one of the collections from the e-Book Databases page.
To access an eBook from the catalog, you may have to select the link that indicates "Glendale Community College access."
Download the free eBrary reader once you search eBrary to have full access to the books, and set up an account with eBrary to create your own 'bookshelf'.
GCC also subscribes to netLibrary for additional titles, and this collection can be accessed from the catalog/e-books page also.