Help > Frequently Asked Questions > Reserves
What are reserves? / What is a reserve?
FAQ Categories: Textbooks and Reserve Materials
Reserve items are a separate collection of specific books, periodical articles, maps, and various media items that are set aside for a particular course and are available for students to use in the library. These items are placed on Reserve by the academic departments and/or individual instructors.
- A current student ID MUST be presented for check out.
- Reserve items check out for 2 hours only.
- They may not be renewed and may not be placed on hold.
- The LMC is not responsible for any assignments missed due to lack of availability or missing Reserve items.
- Reserve items are for library use only and may not leave the building.
- If a Reserve item is not returned in a timely manner, the borrower will be charged the cost of the item, a non-refundable $10 processing fee per item, and a non-refundable $10.00 a day fee (to a maximum of $70.00) per item. The replacement cost may be waived if the item is returned, however, the $10.00 a day fee and the $10.00 processing fee will not be waived.