guide lists books, periodical databases, and web sites about William Shakespeare.
- The Annotated Shakespeare (Ref
PR 2754 .R67)
- The Art of Shakespeare's Sonnets
(Ref PR 2768 .B732)
- Classical Mythology in Shakespeare
(Ref PR 3009 .R72)
- A Complete Concordance or Verbal
Index to Words, Phrases and Passages in the Dramatic Works of Shakespeare,
with a Supplementary Concordance to the Poems (Ref PR 2892 .B34)
- Folk-Lore of Shakespeare (Ref
PR 3004 .T5)
- Shakespeare A-Z (Ref PR 2892
- Shakespeare, an Illustrated
Dictionary (Ref PR 2892 .W44)
- A Shakespeare Companion (Ref
PR 2892 .H3)
- Shakespeare Criticism (vols.
1-68) (Ref PR 2965 .S43)
- Shakespeare for Students (Ref
PR 2987 .S47)(vols. 1-3, Ready Reference - Ask at the Information Desk)
- The Shakespeare Handbook (Ref
PR 2976 .S3374)
- Shakespeare Said It (Ref PR
- Shakespeare the Playwright
(Ref PR 2976 .C27)
- Shakespeare's Bawdy (Ref PR
- Shakespeare's Characters for
Students (Ref PR 2989 .S53)
- Shakespeare's Library (Hazlett) (Ref PR 2952 .H3)
- Shakespeare's Pronunciation
(PR 3081 .K6 - circulating collection)
- Shakespeare's Survey (Ref PR
2888 .C3) (vols. 1-54, incomplete set)
- The Standard Book of Shakespeare's
Quotations (Ref PR 2892 .S64)
- William Shakespeare (Ref PR
2976 .W5354) (Vol. 1 - His Work; Vol. 2 - His World; Vol. 3 - His Influence)
CIRCULATING BOOKS AND MEDIA
From the Library Home Page,
use "Books and Media" to locate books and media items in our collection and
other libraries in the MCCCD system. Search by author or title, or as a subject.
To limit your search to media, select the Audio/Videos, DVD/Slides
option from the materials menu on the catalog search screen.
LIBRARY OF CONGRESS CLASSIFICATION
|PR 2754 .E9 - PR 3097 .S7
MAGAZINE, JOURNAL, AND NEWSPAPER
articles can also be located using Periodical Indexes or Electronic Databases.
The subject headings used to locate books usually will be appropriate for
searching the databases for articles.
Use "Articles & Databases" on the
Library Home page to get to the list of the LMC's subscription databases.
Some you may want to explore include the following literary and general databases:
- LION - offers a fully
searchable archive of more than 217,000 poems, plays and novels together
with structured access to the best of current and histrorical criticism
and easy-to-use online discussion groups.
- General OneFile
- this general database contains full text articles in popular magazines
and scholarly journals.
- EBSCOhost MasterFILE Premier
- another general database that provides full text articles.
- Wilson OmniFile Full-Text Mega
- this multi-disciplinary database provides the complete content - indexing,
abstracts, and full text - from six full text databases: Education Full
Text, General Science Full Text, Humanities Full Text, Reader's Guide Full
Text, Social Sciences Full Text, Wilson Business Full Text.
Some web sites that you may want to consult include the following:
Legal Disclaimer ;
Page maintained by LMC Web Group
Last modified: Thursday December 18 2008