The Reference Department is committed to providing the highest quality services possible. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, please notify the Reference Desk (845-3112) or Mark Floor (623-845-3165).
- assisting library patrons in finding appropriate materials for their research needs within the LMC collection and, if possible, within other collections in the area,
- assisting library patrons use catalogs, databases, indexes and other resources,
- participating with other librarians in classroom orientation sessions about the library's resources and services,
- providing Ask a Librarian online reference service,
- offering an appointment-based reference service, Reference Consultation, for in-depth, one-to-one research assistance to students,
- providing and maintaining the reference collection and the pamphlet file for patron use,
- preparation of library guides, exercises, and other user aids.
Contact the Reference Desk at 623.845.3112 for more information about reference services.
See the information about library orientations, videos, online tutorials, etc. on the Instructional Services page.
The Reference Department prepares general and specialized guides about the library and selected resources in the library. The more popular guides are located in a display stand near the Reference Desk. Some are available electronically at Library Guides.