- Instructional Videos. We can produce instructional videos to enhance learning options for students with the latest digital video production facilities.
- VHS Formatting. Video can be formatted for VHS and can be accessible to your students by our circulation services in media.
- Video-Streaming.Video can also be streamed/MP3/IPOD into various Internet-ready files. This allows Internet access to your content and allows distance learning..
- DVD Formats. Video can also be produced to the DVD format. This not only allows assurance of the best video quality, but due to the large storage capacity of this format, it also allows additional multimedia instructional components to be integrated onto the DVD. Examples would be PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, PDF files, etc.
Audio and Sound Production
- Audio narratives, lectures, and sound effects can be recorded onto cassettes or CDs and can also be streamed for Internet use.
- We shoot in both 35mm and digital formats. We also digitize 35mm slides into .jpeg or .bmp files and scan/digitize photographs, images, and text documents.
- With all of the above formats we can assist in producing PowerPoint multimedia presentations or online access.
- Online news photographs from the Associated Press Photo Archive are available Contact the reference desk at x53112 or Scott Kozak at x53119 for assistance. There are other image resources available with some of the library subscribed databases.
- Video Purchases Faculty may request videos for instructional support. Items will be purchased depending on available budget resources. Video materials will be cataloged and may be kept in the reserve collection located at Access (Circulation) Services for checkout.
- Video Access and Circulation:
The circulating collection is available to students and patrons for check out at Access Services.
Do not presume that materials are always available for classroom use.
Check the online catalog for the status of the title. You can access the video collection through the Library Catalog Search.
More information can be found on the Video: Streaming and Video: DVD & VHS webpages.
- The library does not loan media on interlibrary loan.
All projected media (videos, DVDs, and media reserves) are circulated at Access (Circulation) Services in the LMC (west end of the building).
Reserve media materials may be checked out for classroom use or they may be viewed in the Microforms room adjacent to Access (Circulation) Services.
- The Media Center does NOT DELIVER video tapes or DVDs for classroom use.
- Faculty ARE responsible for checking out and returning materials at the Access (Circulation) Services counter. Requested media materials may be placed on hold 48 hours in advance of check out.