|GCC Libraries (at main and North) provide an array of instructional support to faculty with our collections and services, including:
Library Reserves / Reserve Desk
Reserve items are a separate collection of specific books, periodical articles, maps, and various media items that are set aside for a particular course and are available for students to use in the library. These items are placed on Reserve by the academic departments and/or individual instructors.
Please see the Reserve Materials Form for additional guidelines.
Reserve materials contact information:
- GCC Main: Megan Jimenez – 623.845.3519
- GCC North: Laila Farhood – 623.845.4101
Please note that photocopied items are subject to copyright restrictions:
Library Instruction & Reference
Instruction Contact: Library Administrative Secretary Stefanie Macias or use the Instruction / Classroom Request Form
Reference Contact: Mark Floor (623-845-3165) / Reference Desk (GCCm: 623-845-3112 / GCCN: 623-845-4112)
- Library faculty provides classroom instruction sessions for using the Library Media Center's resources,
including the catalog and subscription databases.
- There is an online tutorial called Go!Gauchos, as well as print library exercises for students.
- Library faculty will assist you to design library assignments to meet your specific class requirements.
- See the Library Instruction page for more information and the scheduling process.
- Library faculty will set up links to articles in the Library databases for your classes at your request.
- Library Research Guides provide information about relevant sources in our collection, databases, and web
sites in selected subjects. We will construct additional guides to support your course at your request.
Collection Development: Mark Floor (623-845-3165) [Materials Recommendation]
- Contact Mark Floor with suggestions for additions to the GCC Libraries collection
Media Services Desk (GCCm: 623-845-3119 / GCCN: 623-845-4120 )
Media Services Librarian (623-845-3120)
- Provides assistance with Classroom Multimedia Presentation Systems; see Instruction Brochure (pdf) for detailed information related to the classroom instruction stations.
- Schedules and delivers A-V equipment to classrooms and departments.
- Coordinates video-conferencing for intra-district meetings and distance learning
- Provides audio & media duplication, color printing, laminating, and graphic color print enlargements.
- Please see our Media Services and Media Services for Faculty pages for additional information..
Please Note: MCCCD Policy for Using College Property Away from the College (Office of the General Counsel,
Maricopa Community Colleges)