Where do you Find Library Information?
Introducing the Library Website
The library home page is the portal you will use to search for information, find resources, and access online materials. Below are labeled the major parts of the library home page along with a brief description of each part below:
The Menu Bar
The menu bar at the very top of the library home page pops out whenever you hover your mouse over it. From there, it provides links to all the main library pages.
The Research Menu
Below the Menu Bar and to the left, is the Research Menu. The Research Menu has several very important links:
- Library Databases - The Library Databases link will take you to the Library Databases page, which contains a wealth of online library resources. These resources can contain online articles, videos, ebooks, and more.
- The Classic Catalog - The Classic Catalog link will take you to the Book and Video Catalog of the GCC Library where you can find books, CDs, DVDs, and other physical library materials.
- Guides and Help - The Guides and Help page will take you to a page where you can find library research guides and personalized library assistance. Students are strongly encouraged to use some of these resources if they need help researching materials.
- Faculty Services - There are a wide variety of special services offered to GCC instructors. This page lists many of these services.
- GCC Archives - This page will take you to the GCC Library Archives, which are the historical documents and photographs of Glendale Community College.
- What are you Researching? - This option allows you to change the library home page to focus upon a particular subject or discipline.
The Search Box
Located to the right of the Research Menu is the GCC ONE Search box. This search box does a cross-search of both the library databases and the Books and Video catalog. Tabs at the top of the search box allow you to quickly and easily narrow by information type.
GCC Library Facebook Page
What to see the special events and happenings of the GCC Library? Check out the GCC Library Facebook page. Here you can keep up to date with GCC Library news events, promotions, and happenings.
Important Links & Account/Renew Books Login
This section features some of the most important databases and library links along with a tool that allows you to quickly and easily log into your library account and renew books.
This section shows a list of featured books. Click on an individual book image or title to list for more details and information on the featured items.
While you are always welcome to visit us in the library, the Contact Bar to the right provides additional ways you can contact a librarian for help and assistance through email, phone, and our 24/7 chat service.