Maricopa County Community College students, faculty, and staff may use Interlibrary Loan to borrow books and articles that are not available from any of the Maricopa County Community College District Libraries. Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is the process by which a library requests material from another library. This system is a cooperative arrangement among thousands of participating libraries: statewide, regional, national, and certain parts of the world.
Community borrowers can contact their local public library to place inter-library loan requests.
- The primary purpose of inter-library loan is to obtain specific materials needed to for specific research needs.
- This service is not designed to handle textbooks requests.
- Your request may take 2-4 weeks to arrive. You will be notified when your material arrives. Books borrowed from other libraries are normally available for 3 weeks and are not eligible for renewal.
- If you need any assistance in setting up your ILLiad account, please contact Access Services 623-845-3109.
COVID-19 Service Alert: While the GCC Library buildings are currently closed, all holds must be requested online as described below or by phone. Call 623-845-3109 to arrange Door-side Pickup. This service is limited to GCC Students and employees
Use Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) to request books and electronic articles from libraries outside of the MCCCD Libraries.
To start your request, please use the Interlibrary Loan Request (ILLIad) Form to set up an account and place your request.
Interlibrary Loan does not fill requests for items already owned by the MCCCD Libraries.
Before placing a request, check the library catalog to make sure we do not already own the item.
Fill out the request form completely, providing as much information about the book as possible. To obtain periodical articles use the "photocopy" section.
Waiting Period: Items are usually received in 2 weeks; some requests can take longer. There is no guarantee that the requested material will be located. Delivery time depends on many factors, such as where the material is located and how quickly that library responds to requests. We cannot accept requests with a deadline.
Loan Period: The loan period is set by the lending library.
- There is no grace period on due dates.
- You must abide by any additional lending restrictions placed on the use of the material (such as "In-library use only").
- Electronic copies of articles are yours to keep.
Renewals: Can be requested online through ILLiad. Renewals are granted at the discretion of the lending library.
Lost or Damaged Items: You will be charged for any lost or damaged materials. Libraries may refuse to lend to us in the future if their materials are late or damaged. Pick-ups Returns
Pick-Up Notification: You will be notified by e-mail or phone when your requested material arrives. You can monitor the progress of your request in your ILLiad Account.
Where to Pick Up:
- Books and other items: Can be picked up at the location you chose when you registered for ILLiad.
- Articles: Are delivered electronically to you.
Returning Items: All Interlibrary Loan materials must be returned to the library at GCC Main or GCC North.