Maricopa County residents 18 years old and older are eligible for Community Borrowing privileges at the MCCCD Libraries.
- Register for an MEID by using the Create Maricopa ID for Library Access page: https://admissions.maricopa.edu/CreateID
- Write down your MEID and alternate ID that is provided at the end of this registration.
- Please visit the GCC Enrollment Center to obtain an MEID without using a social security number.
- Visit the circulation counter at GCC Libraries.
- Provide proof of Maricopa County residency, your MEID and alternate ID #.
- Cards are free of charge and valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
Community Borrowing Privileges
Community Borrowers may borrow up to 5 items at one time
|Books & CDs||5||28 days, one renewal|
|DVDs||3||1 week - 1 renewal|
Holds: 5 at one time
Reserves & Interlibrary Loans: Service not available
Magazines, Newspapers & Journals: In library use only
Computers/Internet Access: Service not available
Use of the computers in the Computer Commons area is restricted to those who are enrolled in a course at GCC.
28-day renewals are limited to ONE time only. Renew online, phone or in the library. Items on hold will not renew.
Items may be returned to any Maricopa County Community College District Library.
Late Fees and Fines
Overdue items are assumed lost. Late fines and fees are assessed as follows:
Borrowers have 90 days from the assumed lost date to return overdue items and have the fine reversed. The $10.00 processing fee is not refundable, this fee will not be reversed. After 90 days, no fines or fees will be reversed. This includes previous payment for overdue items that are subsequently returned.
Fines and fees may be paid at the college's Cashier's Office or in your Student Center at My.Maricopa.edu. Unpaid fines and fees may prohibit students from checking out library materials, registering for classes or ordering transcripts, and may be sent to collections.
These Policies are found on the MCCCD Library Borrowing Guidelines approved by the Maricopa County Community College District’s Governing Board 9/11/2014